2007/10/24

Quarter-finals

26/10
<<竜宮レナ@ひぐらしのなく頃に>>

(Ryuuguu Rena@Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)

1474 vs 1436

<<高町なのは@魔法少女リリカルなのはStrikerS>>
(Takamachi Nanoha@Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS)

Very tough match for Rena, she is up against the '05 winner and the only survivor from Nanoha series. I expect that the Nanoha-legion would run amok to support their last character! But don't get intimidated, Rena WILL take Nanoha home ;)


Amazingly close call for for Rena - only 38 votes difference! Coupled with another false victory due to large influx of fakes, this match almost gave me a heart attack. But in the end Nanoha was taken home!


27/10
<<三千院ナギ@ハヤテのごとく!>>
(Sanzenin Nagi@Hayate the Combat
Butler)

1334 vs 1272

<<泉こなた@らきすた>>
(Izumi Konata@Lucky Star)

The otaku showdown! Konata has a very dangerous low profile, compared to the Hiragii sisters (Tsukasa and Kagami). If a Sucky*Star character is going to win (doubtful, since japanese hate KyoAni - producer of Lucky Star) it is going to be Konata.

As I both hoped and expected the NEET with character development won against the otaku without ;P


28/10
<<古手梨花@ひぐらしのなく頃に>>
(Furude Rika@Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)

1473 vs 1191

<<ルイズ・フランソワーズ・ル・ブラン・ド・ラ・ヴァリエール@ゼロの使い魔>>
(Louise Françoise Le Blanc de La Vallière@Zero no Tsukaima)


Louise group victory was a surprise! hell, dominating her group wing was even a surprise! I expect that Rika's moe'ness will be boosted by hate for Louise.


This match was much easier then most people thought (not including myself). Rika won by almost 300 votes!


29/10
<<真紅@ローゼンメイデン オーベルテューレ>>
(Shinku@Rozen Maiden Ouverture)

1697 vs 1639

<<柊つかさ@らきすた>>
(Hiiragi Tsukasa@Lucky Star)

How can I put it, I couldn't care less, until I joined the AnimeSuki discussion. Now Mad Dog has done a pretty deceant job in persuading me that my vote to Tsukasa was a huge mistake!

Very marginal victory for Shiku. Anyway the bad news is that she is going to be a very tough opponent for Rika!